- by Admin
Gold is one of those precious metals that never fails to grab our attention. For years, it has been in use for crafting jewellery, artefacts, coinage and much more. But, there is much more to gold that some people have no idea about. People do not know that it is also useful in several other applications, such as medicine, electronics, electrical wiring, dentistry, colouring glass, etc.
If you are someone who is interested in gold, this post has got you covered. Here we are discussing some surprising facts about gold that you must know as an investor or a consumer. Scroll down to know about this ideal investment option.
Facts to Know About Gold
1. Gold is not the most precious metal on our planet. Two metals that are more expensive than gold are palladium and rhodium.
2. We have gold inside our body. On an average, a person weighing around 700 kg has over 0.2 mg of gold inside their body. The traces of gold are located near the heart and in nail beds.
3. Expected data about gold suggests that the gold price will increase from Rs 45,000- 50,000 and cross Rs 55,000 in the second half of 2022. Currently, the gold ROI is 49,980.00 INR.
4. Gold is a metal, but it is non-toxic in nature. You can eat it and it can pass through your digestive system easily. However, some people can be allergic to it.
5. Gold comes with different purity levels. That means that 100% or 24K shiny metals are of the highest purity. Moving further, 22K contains 22 parts of gold and 2 parts of other metals. Likewise, 18k contains 18 parts of gold and 6 parts of other metals.
6. Oceans are full of gold on their surface. There is approximately 20 million tonnes of gold that is worth around $770 trillion in oceans. However, it cannot be extracted so easily.
7. Around 90% of the world’s gold has already been mined since its value was realised.
8. Real gold always has a hallmark, so you must check it as a buyer. Whether you are investing in gold coins or ornaments, always look for evidence of the BIS hallmark.
9. Gold is extremely old. The ancient gold artefacts were first found in what we now know as modern-day Bulgaria. Dated back to 4500 BC to 4,000 BC, this makes ancient gold artefacts more than 6000 years old.
10. Earthquakes can lead to gold formation. As per scientists, water inside the fault lines vaporises during earthquakes which creates gold crystals.
11. China is the largest producer of gold globally. They produce around 370 tonnes of gold annually. Not only this, the country is also the largest consumer of gold.
12. Gold cannot be destroyed. It is one-of-a-kind metal that is unreactive. It doesn’t rust, oxidise, or react to acids. This is why most of the gold which is mined exists somewhere or the other.
So, these were some important & interesting facts about gold that you should know. To quickly and safely invest in 24k gold, you can trust MyGoldKart. It is a well-known platform that has simplified buying and selling these precious metals. The metals you will find on this platform are 99.99% pure and come at the right price.